- Written by Arshad Mahmood
An EEA national who has exercised treaty rights in the UK continuously for five years as:
- job seekers; or
- worker; or
- self-employed person; or
- self-sufficient person; or
can apply for permanent residence.
A Worker Or Self-employed Person Who Has Ceased Activity
“A worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity” can also apply for permanent residence. “A worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity” means an EEA national who satisfies the conditions below.
A person satisfies the conditions if s/he:
- terminates his/her activity as a worker or self-employed person and:
- has reached the age at which s/he is entitled to a state pension on the date on which s/he terminates his/her activity; or
- in the case of a worker, ceases working to take early retirement;
- pursued his/her activity as a worker or self-employed person in the United Kingdom for at least twelve months prior to the termination; and
- resided in the United Kingdom continuously for more than three years prior to the termination.
- terminates his/her activity in the United Kingdom as a worker or self-employed person as a result of a permanent incapacity to work; and either:
- s/he resided in the United Kingdom continuously for more than two years prior to the termination; or
- the incapacity is the result of an accident at work or an occupational disease that entitles him/her to a pension payable in full or in part by an institution in the United Kingdom.
- s/he is active as a worker or self-employed person in an EEA State but retains his/her place of residence in the United Kingdom, to which s/he returns as a rule at least once a week; and
- prior to becoming so active in that EEA State, he had been continuously resident and continuously active as a worker or self-employed person in the United Kingdom for at least three years.
The conditions as to length of residence and activity as a worker or self-employed person shall not apply in relation to a person whose spouse or civil partner is a United Kingdom national.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For EEA3 Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for permanent residence as an EEA national who has exercised treaty rights in the UK for five years continuously. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your EEA3 application and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your EEA3 application, we will do the following immigration for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, Liverpool in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your EEA3 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the EEA3 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, Liverpool for an expeditious decision on your EEA3 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office, Liverpool and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your EEA3 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee For EEA3 Application
- We will charge you a fee from £600.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your Permanent Residence (PR) - EEA3 application through our Same Day Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installment.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.