- Written by Arshad Mahmood
The UKBA case resolution directorate (CRD) has now completed a review of the older asylum cases (known as 'legacy cases'). A small number of cases have been reviewed but are still awaiting a conclusion. Some examples of cases awaiting conclusion are:
- cases awaiting prosecution;
- cases awaiting removal (including a small number of cases that require further casework action before removal action can be progressed);
- cases with ongoing litigation; and
- cases that were placed in a controlled archive because the CRD could not trace the applicant.
This is not an exhaustive list.
Some cases were not included in the original CRD review because of the quality of data at the time when the asylum application was made.
Case Assurance And Audit Unit (CAAU)
The UKBA case assurance and audit unit (CAAU) will now consider any such cases. If the CRD was unable to contact an applicant, their case was probably placed in the controlled archive. If the UKBA now makes contact with that applicant, their case will be taken out of the controlled archive and the CAAU will consider it.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Representations Under The Legacy Of Older Asylum Cases?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with representations under the legacy of older asylum cases. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your representations for legacy of older asylum cases and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your representations under the legacy of older asylum cases, we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision under the legacy of older asylum cases.
Our Fee For Representations Under The Legacy Of Older Asylum Cases
- We will charge you a fee from £1,000.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your representations under the legacy of older asylum cases. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installment.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.