- Written by Arshad Mahmood
You can apply to come to the UK in this category if you can show that:
- you are a Commonwealth citizen;
- you are aged 17 or over;
- you are able to work and you plan to work in the UK; and
- you can adequately support and accommodate yourself and your dependants without help from public funds - the Rights and responsibilities section explains what public funds are.
You must also show that at least 1 of your grandparents was born:
- in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man); or
- before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland; or
- on a British-registered ship or aircraft.
You can claim ancestry if your relationship to the relevant grandparent is in the legitimate or illegitimate line.
You cannot claim UK ancestry through step-parents, but you can apply if you or your parent (through whom you are claiming ancestry) are adopted. You must show evidence of the legal adoption with your application form.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For UK Ancestry Visa Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for UK Ancestry Visa . The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for UK Ancestry Visa and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your application for UK Visa as a person with UK Ancestry, we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for your UK Visa as a person with UK Ancestry;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Immigration Officer until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee For UK Ancestry Visa Application
- We will charge you a fee from £800 (no VAT) for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for UK Visa as a person with UK Ancestry. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc