- Written by Arshad Mahmood
A dependant is:
- your husband, wife or civil partner; or
- your unmarried or same-sex partner; or
- your child aged under 18 years old.
Your dependant children can be over 18 years old if they are in the UK now as dependants.
Switching Into PBS Dependant Visa
Following changes in the Immigration Rules implemented from 1 October 2013, it is now possible to switch into PBS Dependant visa from inside the UK unless:
- you were last granted leave to enter or remain as a visitor; or
- you are on temporary admission or temporary release.
From the above, it is clear that anyone who is not in the UK on a visitor visa or an overstayer in the UK can switch into PBS Dependant visa from inside the UK.
Extension Of Stay As A PBS Dependant
If you are on PBS dependant visa in the UK, you can apply for extension of stay in the UK if:
- the PBS migrant is seeking extension of his/her permission to stay in the UK and you apply for your extension of stay as the PBS dependant of the PBS migrant; or
- the PBS migrant is applying for ILR and you are unable to obtain ILR due to not meeting the residence requirement you can then apply for extension of your PBS Dependant visa so that you can complete the qualifying period to apply for ILR as a PBS dependant.
Also, a child born to parents who are in the UK on PBS visa category can apply for PBS dependant visa from inside the UK.
Same Day Visa Service For PBS Dependent Application
We are registered with the Home Office Public Enquiry Office (PEO), Lunar House, Croydon to provide same day visa service for PBS Dependant applications. Our immigration lawyers can prepare and submit your PBS dependant application to the Home Office, PEO, Croydon and get quick decision on the application. As PBS Dependent application is a biometric category, you will have to attend the Home Office, PEO, Croydon to enroll your biometrics. You will be accompanied by our legal representative to the Home Office, PEO, Croydon who will assist you with enrollment of your biometrics and submission of your application for a decision to be made on your application same day.
Refusal Of PBS Dependant Visa Application
If your application for PBS Dependant is refused, you can challenge the refusal of your application by way of an appeal to the First Tribunal. If you have not been granted right of appeal against the refusal of your PBS dependant application, the refusal can then be challenged by way of Judicial Review in the Upper Tribunal.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For PBS Dependant Visa Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for PBS dependent visa . The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for PBS dependent visa and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable, honest and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your application as a PBS dependent, the casework our immigration solicitors will do for you will include the following:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration law and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your PBS dependant application;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your PBS dependant application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application as PBS dependent;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support your application for UK visa as PBS dependant;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed about the progress of your application for UK visa as PBS dependent;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application for UK Visa as PBS dependent;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee For PBS Dependant Visa
- We will charge you a fee from £600.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application as PBS dependent - Same Day Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the PBS dependant application.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on your PBS dependant application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.