- Written by Arshad Mahmood
If a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland is living in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, their family members who are not EEA or Swiss citizens also have the right to live in the UK.
If you are the non-European family member of an EEA or Swiss national, and you have come to the UK with them, you can apply for a residence card. This is a document which confirms your right of residence under European law. Your residence card may take the form of an endorsement in your passport (also called a 'vignette'), or it may be a separate document called an 'immigration status document'. A residence card is normally valid for 5 years from the date when it is issued.
The applicant must submit a valid passport for the application for residence card to be approved. Also, the EEA national must be exercising treaty rights in the UK and evidence of the same must be submitted with the application. According to EEA Regulations 2006, the Home Office is legally bound to consider and decide an application for residence card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. Any delay or negligence in part of the Home Office in not deciding the application within six months can be challenged by way of Judicial Review in High Court.
Appeal Against Refusal Of Residence Card
If your application for residence card is refused by the Home Office, you will have a statutory right of appeal against the refusal of the application unless you did not provide the evidence of your family member's nationality i.e. the ID card or passport of the EEA national. Appeal against the refusal of residence card application must be filed within 10 working days (5 working days if you are in detention) from the date of receipt of the refusal letter. We can assist you and represent you in relation to your appeal against the refusal of your residence card application.
If you have not been granted right of appeal against the refusal of your application and you disagree with the reasons for refusal, it is also possible to challenge the refusal of your application by way of Judicial Review in High Court.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Residence Card Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for residence card as family member of an EEA national. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for residence card as family member of an EEA national and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your EEA2 application, we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your EEA2 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the EEA2 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, Liverpool for an expeditious decision on your EEA2 application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on the immigration matter;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision.
Our Fees For EEA2 Residence Card Application
- We will charge you a fee from £800.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your EEA2 Application for residence card as family member of an EEA National. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents etc.