- Written by Arshad Mahmood
If permission is refused, or is granted subject to conditions or on certain grounds only, you may request a reconsideration of that decision at an oral hearing.
Request for an oral hearing must be made on the Notice of Renewal, Form 86b, (a copy of which will be sent to you at the same time as the judge's decision) and must be filed within 7 days after service of the notification of the judge's decision upon you (CPR Part 54.11 & 54.12).
Notice of the hearing is given to you, the defendant and any interested party by the Administrative Court List Office. An oral hearing is allocated a total of 30 minutes of court time. If it is considered that 30 minutes of court time is insufficient, you may provide a written estimate of the time required for the hearing and request a special fixture. Neither the defendant nor any other interested party need attend a hearing on the question of permission unless the court directs otherwise.
Responsibility For The Costs Of The Defendant If The Application Is Unsuccessful
The general rule is that the party losing a substantive claim for judicial review will be ordered to pay the costs of the other parties. However, the Judge considering the matter has discretion to deal with the issue of costs as he/she considers appropriate in all of the circumstances. Costs may be awarded in respect of an unsuccessful paper application. Any application by the defendant/interested party for costs will normally be made in the Acknowledgment of Service.
Appeal Against The Refusal Of Permission To Apply For Judicial Review
If you are unhappy with the Court's decision in a civil matter you can appeal to the Court of Appeal Civil Division (with permission of the Court of Appeal (CPR Part 52.15)). Application to the Court of Appeal for permission to Appeal must be made within 7 days of the refusal by the Administrative Court of permission to apply for judicial review.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Renewal Application For Permission To Apply For Judicial Review?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with renewal application for permission to apply for judicial review. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to renewal application for permission to apply for judicial review and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding renewal application for permission to apply for Judicial Review, we will do the following for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration law and procedure to be adopted by the High Court in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss with you the reasons given by the High Court Judge to refuse permission to apply for Judicial Review;
- Our immigration solicitors will instruct a Barrister/Advocate for grounds in support of the application for renewal of Judicial Review Claim;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will submit the renewal application to the High Court with grounds in support thereof;
- Our Barrister/Advocate will represent you in High Court in your case hearing;
- Our immigration solicitors will keep you informed about the progress of your immigration matter;
- We will liaise with the Treasury Solicitors in relation to your application for permission to apply for Judicial Review;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the decision on your application.
Our Fee For Renewal Of An Application (For Oral Hearing) To Apply For Permission To Apply For Judicial Review
You have the following funding options to fund your paper application for renewal ofpermission to apply for Judicial Review (application to be decided after oral hearing at High Court):
No Win No Fee
- We can act for you on no win no fee basis in relation to your renewal application (for oral hearing) for permission to apply for Judicial Review if we find that the chances of success in your application are 100%. The fee to be charged on No Win No Fee basis will be from £3,000 + VAT. If the renewal application for permission to apply for Judicial Review is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay any fee.
Agreed Fixed Fee
- We will charge you a fee from £2,000.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to renewal application (application for oral hearing) for permission to apply for Judicail Review. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter. The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the High Court Judge on paper application for permission to apply for Judicial Review.
Hourly Rate Fee Option
- You can choose to instruct us using hourly rate funding option. The hourly rate to be charged will depend on the complexity of the matter, the Post Qualification Experience (PQE) of the solicitor handling the matter etc,.