- Written by Arshad Mahmood
British passports are issued by the UK government's Identity and Passport Service (IPS). All adult applicants (aged 16 and over) applying for a passport for the first time must attend an interview with IPS in person to confirm their identity. IPS recommends you allow 6 weeks for your passport application to be processed. You should not make any travel arrangements until you receive your passport.
If you need to renew your passport urgently, IPS offers either a:
- fast-track one-week service
- premium one-day service
Both these services require an appointment at a Passport Office. In some cases IPS may need to take extra time to assess your application, including confirming details you have given and contacting your countersignature.
You should call IPS advice line to make an appointment on 0300 222 0000.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For British Passport Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for British Passport . The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for British Passport and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your application for British Passport, we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for British Passport;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Identity & Passport Service (IPS) for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Identity & Passport Service (IPS) and keep you informed of the progress on your British Passport application;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Identity & Passport Service (IPS) until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the IPS decision on your application.
Our Fee For British Passport Application
- We will charge you a fee from £400.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for British Passport. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.