- Written by Arshad Mahmood
The entrepreneur category is for those investing in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of one or more businesses in the United Kingdom.
A 'business' means an enterprise as:
(i) a sole trader,
(ii) a partnership, or
(iii) a company registered in the UK
You can apply under the entrepreneur category if you are:
- in the United Kingdom and want to make an initial application as an entrepreneur;
- already in the United Kingdom as an entrepreneur and want to extend your permission to stay within your existing category;
- already in the United Kingdom as a business person or innovator and want to extend your permission to stay in the entrepreneur category;
- applying for permission to enter the UK (known as entry clearance) under the entrepreneur category.
For your application to be successful, you must score a total of 95 points and meet all the other requirements of the Immigration Rules.
You must score:
- 75 points for your attributes which are different depending on whether you make an initial or extension application; and
- 10 points for English language; and
- 10 points for available maintenance (funds)
Entry Clearance For Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa For UK
An application for entry clearance (UK visa) as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant is submitted to the British Embassy / High Commission in the country of nationality/residence of the applicant. The application can be submitted either online or by completing the paper application. The online application option is available in only in certain countries.The British Embassy / High Commission will decide the application according to the waiting times / processing times for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
The dependents of Tier 1 Entrepreneur can also apply at the same as the main applicant (Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant) along with the main applicant to accompany the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant to the UK. Alternatively, they can apply subsequently as PBS Dependents to join the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant in the UK.
If your application for UK visa as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur is successful, you will be issued with a UK visa for 3 years and 4 months. An application for extension of stay can be submitted before the expiry of the visa.
Administrative Review Against Refusal Of Entry Clearance As A Tier 1 Entrepreneur
If your application for entry clearance as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant is refused by the UKBA, you can apply for Administrative Review within 28 days of the date of the receipt of your refusal letter. The Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) makes a decision on the Administrative Review application within 28 days from the date of the receipt of the review request.
Switching Into Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
You can switch into Tier 1 Entrepreneur category from inside the UK if you have permission to stay in the UK under any one of the following categories:
a highly skilled migrant;
a Tier 1 (General) migrant;
a Tier 1 (Investor) migrant;
a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant;
a business person;
a student nurse;
a student re-sitting an examination;
a student writing up a thesis;
a work permit holder;
a postgraduate doctor or dentist;
a self employed lawyer;
a writer, composer or artist;
a participant in the International Graduates Scheme
(or its predecessor, the Science & Engineering
a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland
a Tier 2 migrant;
a Tier 4 migrant; or
a Prospective Entrepreneur.
Extension Of Stay As Tier 1 Entrepreneur
If you are already in the UK under Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, you can apply for extension of your stay in the UK if you meet the criteria for extension of your stay. An application for extension of stay can only be made by post as the Home Office, UKBA do not provide any premium service (same day visa service) for extension applications under this category.If application for extension of stay as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur is successful, the leave to remain will be granted for two years.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application as Tier 1 Entrepreneur and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application, we will do the following immigration casework for you on your behalf:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your application for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application. In the covering letter, our immigration solicitors will explain in detail how all the relevant legal requirements for the grant of the visa have been satisfied;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee For Tier 1 Entrepreneur Application
- We will charge you a fee from £1,500.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.