- Written by Arshad Mahmood
The Tier 1 (Investor) category is for high-net-worth individuals who want to make a substantial financial investment in the UK.
You do not need a job offer to apply in this category. The UKBA will assess your application based on your ability to invest £1,000,000 in the UK.
Applicants will not need to meet the separate English language requirement that applies to most other applicants under the points based system. This is because, while they are allowed to work in the United Kingdom if they wish to, they should not need to work.
Applicants will not need to meet the separate requirement for maintenance (funds) that applies to most other applicants under the points based system. This is because they will have met the attributes (main requirements) for this category and shown their ability to support themselves in the United Kingdom without needing help from public funds.
Points available for initial entrants under Tier 1 (Investor) are included in the table below. This table applies to all applicants seeking:
- entry clearance in this category who did not have leave in this category within the last 12 months; and
- further leave to remain in the United Kingdom in this category when their previous permission to stay was given under a category other than Tier 1 (Investor) or the former Investor category.
|Attributes (pass mark = 75 points)||Points|
A) The applicant has money of his own, under his control, held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the United Kingdom amounting to no less than £1 million; or
B) a) the applicant owns personal assets which, taking into account any liabilities to which they are subject, have a value exceeding £2 million; and
b) The applicant has money under his control held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the United Kingdom amounting to no less than
A refusal of an entry clearance application as a Tier 1 Investor is challenged by way of Administrative Request to the Entry Clearance Manager (ECM). If refusal is maintained by the Entry Clearance Manager, then the same can be challenged by way of Judicial Review in High Court. Upon successful application, the applicant is granted leave to enter for 3 years and 4 months.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Tier 1 Investor Application?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with Tier 1 Investor applications. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application as Tier 1 Investor and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your Tier 1 (Investor) application, we will do the following immigration casework for you on your behalf:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your application for Tier 1 (Investor);
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your Tier 1 (Investor) application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for expeditious decision on your Tier 1 (Investor) application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee For Tier 1 Investor Application
- We will charge you a fee from £2,500.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your Tier 1 (Investor) application. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instrucing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installment.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.