- Written by Arshad Mahmood
If you are a Turkish citizen who is legally employed in the United Kingdom because you have a visa that gives you permission to work, a decision by the Association Council of the ECAA has given you certain rights. You may:
- apply for further permission to stay in the United Kingdom after you have worked here for one year, so that you can continue to work for the same employer (if a job is available);
- change employers after you have been working here for three years, if you are continuing to work in the same occupation; and
- work in any type of job for any employer after you have been working here for four years.
If your application is successful, the Home Office, UKBA will give you permission to stay as a Turkish ECAA worker.
You will not be able to apply for permission to stay in the United Kingdom permanently (known as 'indefinite leave to remain').
To apply for permission to stay in the United Kingdom as a Turkish ECAA worker, you should complete application form ECAA 1 Turkish Employed.
You can also apply for permission for your dependents to remain in the United Kingdom with you. You can do this by listing your dependants on form ECAA 1, or your dependants can apply separately using form ECAA 3.
The European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey aims to support Turkey’s bid for membership of the EU by improving economic and social links between Turkey and the EU. An Association Council was established by the ECAA to oversee implementation of the ECAA. Since the signing of the ECAA the Council has issued various decisions to develop the ECAA.
Council Decision 1/80 (the first decision to be issued in 1980) deals with the rights of Turkish national workers once they are already registered as belonging to the UK’s labour force i.e. already here with leave to enter or remain in a category, the conditions of which allow employment.
Where a worker has obtained previous leave which gives an entitlement to work in fraudulent circumstances, (i.e. has practised proactive deception), they will not accrue rights under article 6(1).
A worker who has been in continuous legal employment for 12 months would normally be granted leave for two years. A worker who has been in continuous legal employment for 18 months would normally be granted leave for a further 18 months. A worker who has been in continuous legal employment for three years would normally be granted leave for a further 12 months. A worker who has been in continuous legal employment for three years and four months would normally be granted leave for a further eight months. An applicant who has acquired rights under the third indent and who has been working for the same employer continuously for two or more years and who produces evidence of the continuation of their employment may be granted leave for up to three years. An applicant who has acquired rights under the third indent and who has had periods of involuntary unemployment and can only produce evidence of short term future employment may be granted for a shorter period of between one and two years.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For UK Visa As A Turkish ECAA Worker?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for UK Visa as a Turkish ECAA Business Person. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for UK Visa as a Turkish ECAA Worker and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
If instructed to represent you regarding your Turkish ECAA Worker Application, we will do the following casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration law and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your application for extension of stay as a Turkish ECAA Worker;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your Turkish ECAA Worker Application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your Turkish ECAA Worker Application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed on the progress of your Turkish ECAA Worker Application;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee For UK Visa As A Turkish ECAA Worker
- We will charge you a fee from £1,000 + VAT for our professional immigration services for your Turkish ECAA Worker Application. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installment.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents etc.