Click to share with friends on Facebook & Twitter
The Home Office, UKBA has made some amendments to the list of approved English language tests for applications made under Tiers 1, 2 and 4 of the points-based system and for spouse or partner applications.
The amendments include:
- the City & Guilds test scores now show 'pass' and there is a separate English language test for spouse/partner applications.
- for City & Guilds tests the documents required for a migrant's application have been amended.
- ETS have changed the way that the scores for their TOEFL ibt (internet based test) map against the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- the ETS TOEFL ibt (internet based test) now includes scores for spouse and partner applications.
- there is a change to the web address for the TOEIC (The test of English for international communication) English language test.
- Cambridge ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) have amended the title of one of their tests from 'International Legal English Certificate' to 'Cambridge English Legal'.
- for Cambridge ESOL tests the minimum grade requirements are clearer.
- Trinity College tests now have a 2 year expiry date.
You can read more about this news and download the new list of approved English language tests from the Home Office, UKBA Website.