- Sunrise Solicitors is the trading name of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd and is registered under company registration no. 6405492 with the registered (main) office at 228 Merton High Street, South Wimbledon, London SW19 1AU where a list of Directors and other members of staff is available for inspection.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd operate also a branch office at 998 Stockport Rd, Manchester M19 3WN and a virtual office at Office F3, First Floor, Ingleby House, 11 - 14 Cannon Street, Birmingham B2 5EN.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd are registered with and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with the main office registered under SRA No. 490903 and the branch office registered under SRA No. 645256.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd conduct a non-stop surveillance of its office premises by way of CCTV for quality, safety and training purposes and retains video materials so obtained.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd collect personal data of all prospective and current clients for the purposes of providing legal services.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd also collect personal data of individuals other than clients where such data is provided by clients, who are authorised to disclose any such data, in the course of providing requested or contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd collect all forms of personal data which is required to effectively provide requested or contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations and therefore may include, but not be limited to:
- Criminal record;
- Immigration status.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd collect prospective and current clients’ personal data by way of telephone, email, post, through its websites and in person.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Access to clients’ personal data stored by Sunrise Solicitors Ltd is at all times restricted only to the current employees of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd.
- Access to clients’ personal data stored by Sunrise Solicitors Ltd may be made from the main office and the branch office as well as remotely from other locations.
- Access to clients’ personal data stored by Sunrise Solicitors Ltd is at all times restricted only to the purposes of providing requested or contracted legal services and other statutory purposes such as anti-money-laundering checks or audits.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd allow current clients to access their personal data and obtain a copy thereof, free of charge, while their case is pending.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd allow clients to update their personal data at any time by way of email (
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd process personal data based on requested or contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations including, but not be limited to, countering of money-laundering schemes.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd use collected personal data in the course of providing requested or contracted legal services for the purposes including, but not limited to:
- Verifying their authenticity;
- Conducting required anti-money-laundering checks;
- Communicating with clients and other interested parties;
- Preparing legal documentation;
- Seeking advice from 3rd parties;
- Responding to complaints.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd store clients’ personal data in the form of soft copy and hard copy.
- Soft copy of clients’ personal data is stored securely on Sunrise Solicitors Ltd computers and an online cloud.
- Hard copy of clients’ personal data is stored securely at the Sunrise Solicitors Ltd office premises and an additional storage location.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd may share clients’ personal data with 3rd parties only where it is required to effectively provide contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations, which may include, but not be limited to:
- HM Courts & Tribunals;
- The Home Office, UKVI
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC);
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA);
- External auditors;
- Legal counsels;
- Other parties to legal proceedings.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd do not at any time share clients’ personal data with 3rd parties for marketing or any other commercial purposes.
DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL DATA
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd return all of clients’ original documentation upon the closure of each file unless a right of lien has been exercised due to outstanding fees.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd store clients’ personal data for a period of 6 years after the closure of each file, according to the requirements imposed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA Handbook, Rule 10).
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd allow former clients to obtain, within 7 days of making a request, a copy of their personal data anytime during a period of 6 years after the closure of each file, in exchange for an administrative fee.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd may transfer a copy of former clients’ personal data after the closure of their file to other organisations where such a transfer is requested on behalf of such former clients by their current legal representatives.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd delete all personal data of all former clients after 6 years of the closure of each file.
USE OF WEBSITES
- Information found on Sunrise Solicitors Ltd websites concerning services offered is presented only for reference purposes and cannot be deemed binding on Sunrise Solicitors Ltd.
- All Sunrise Solicitors Ltd websites may contain links to other websites and Sunrise Solicitors Ltd do not accept any responsibility over privacy policies of such websites; all current and prospective clients of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd are encouraged to familiarise themselves with privacy policies of all websites they visit.
- Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer/device by the user's web browser while the user is browsing and its main purpose is to identify users when they revisit the web site days or weeks later.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd use the following types of cookies on its websites, for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: Sunrise Solicitors Ltd use session cookies which are a core system cookies which are used to maintain website functions; they exist only in temporary memory while the user navigates the website and are normally deleted by a web browser when the user closes the browser.
- This website uses high-level (128/256 bit) Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology from one of the world leaders in security software, Comodo; the SSL encryption protocol secures communication over the Internet and makes all the information sent through website forms unreadable to any person or robot trying to intercept it; all forms on this website have up to 256 bit encryption to protect personal information and data from unwanted access or to transmit data confidentially.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although Sunrise Solicitors Ltd do its best to protect personal data of its current and prospective clients, no guarantee may be made as to the security of any data transmitted to the website and, as such, any such transmission is conducted at each individual’s own risk; once Sunrise Solicitors Ltd have received transmitted information, strict procedures and security features are used to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
- Sunrise Solicitors Ltd have designated Mr Arshad Mahmood, a Solicitor and the Managing Director of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd, as the Data Protection Officer (DPO) being responsible for the protection of clients’ personal data.
- Clients of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd who are not satisfied with the manner in which their personal data is collected, stored, used or retained may in the first place submit a complaint to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at
- Clients of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd who are not satisfied with the manner in which their personal data is collected, stored, used or retained and who fail to receive satisfactory response from the Data Protection Officer (DPO) have a right to submit an official complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).