- Page Contents
- How To Apply?
- Assigning CoS
- Sponsor Duties
- How Can We Help?
- How Much We Charge?
As a UK based business, you can apply for Skilled Worker sponsor licence to employ Skilled Worker migrants in your business from inside or outside the UK. Skilled Worker” means a person who has, or had, permission under Appendix Skilled Worker, or as a Tier 2 (General) migrant under the rules in force before 1 December 2020. The UK immigration rules no longer require the employer to advertise the job and meet the requirements of the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) as of 1 December 2021 for an employer to sponsor a migrant worker for a Skilled Worker visa.
You can apply for Skilled Worker sponsor licence if you wish to employ a skilled migrant worker and the job role meets the job suitability requirements.
Need to employ a Skilled Worker migrant and want legal help and assistance for Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence? Contact our expert team of Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence solicitors in London, Manchester and Birmingham for fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee immigration services for your Skilled Worker Sponsor licence application. Ask a question to our sponsor licence specialists for free immigration advice concerning your Skilled Worker sponsor licence application.
You can apply for the Skilled Worker sponsor licence online on the Home Office, UKVI website. Once you have submitted your online application, you must then send to the Home Office, UKVI all of the following to validate your application. A valid application must:
- contain the original submission sheet (not a certified copy), which has been signed and dated by the Authorising Officer (all pages must be sent); and
- contain all of the documents listed on the submission sheet as mandatory documents (originals or certified copies); and
- all be sent in together within 5 working days of completion of the electronic application.
To get a Skilled Worker licence, you must apply to the Home Office, UKVI, supplying specified documents to prove that you are suitable and eligible. The Home Office, UKVI will carry out appropriate checks before deciding whether to grant the sponsor licence. The Home Office, UKVI considers an application to join the sponsor register by assessing whether you meet the relevant requirements. If your application for Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence is accepted by the Home Office, UKVI, you will be issued with SMS login ID and password to manage your sponsor licence online. Your sponsor licence will be valid for 4 years and can be renewed online prior to the expiry of the licence.
Once you have been granted a Skilled Worker sponsor licence you will be able to assign certificates of sponsorship (CoS) to migrants who wish to come to, or stay in the UK to work as Skilled Worker Migrants. For Skilled Worker workers, being assigned a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) is an essential part of qualifying for entry clearance (if they are outside the UK) or leave to remain (permission to extend their stay while in the UK).
As a Skilled Worker licensed sponsor you must comply with certain duties, including, but not restricted to, a duty to inform the Home Office, UKVI if the Skilled Worker Migrant does not turn up for work, or if he is absent without permission for a significant period. You must also keep proper records of the migrants you sponsor, including contact details and a copy of their biometric residence permit (BRP), and supply any documentation to the Home Office, UKVI on request. The Home Office, UKVI will monitor your behaviour and compliance with your duties once you have been granted Skilled Worker sponsor licence.
Our specialist sponsor licence solicitors can provide all the required help and guidance to apply for Skilled Worker Sponsorship licence and carry out all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI on the Skilled Worker sponsorship licence application. As part of our professional legal services for Skilled Worker sponsorship licence application, our immigration caseworker will include the following:
- Assessing the your eligibility of the skilled worker sponsor licence by considering all the relevant circumstances including the genuineness of the business, the genuineness of job vacancy, the level of job, the salary threshold, etc.
- Advising on the relevant procedures to be followed for an application for Skilled Worker sponsor licence;
- Advising on the relevant documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the Skilled Worker sponsor licence application;
- Assessing the documentary evidence to ensure that the documents are in compliance of the Home Office UKVI requirements for the grant of the Skilled Worker sponsor licence;
- Completing online application form for Skilled Worker sponsor licence application and submitting the same online;
- Helping with payment of the Home Office UKVI fee for the Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence fee;
- Sending the online submission sheet along with all the supporting documents and information under a detailed cover letter prepared by our expert team of sponsor licence solicitors;
- Assisting you with Home Office, UKVI Compliance visit, if the Home Office UKVI decides to conduct a compliance visit before deciding the Skilled Worker sponsorship licence application;
- Doing all the follow-up work until decision is reached on the Skilled Worker sponsor licence application by the Home Office, UKVI.
Our fees for Skilled Worker sponsor licence related services are given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|Help With Home Office Compliance Visit||From £400 + VAT To £600 + VAT|
|Full Help With Application For Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence||From £2,000 + VAT To £2,500 + VAT|
|Representations To Home Office UKVI following Suspension Of The Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence||From £500 + VAT To £800 + VAT|
|Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) Against Refusal/Revocation Of Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence||From £800 + VAT To £1200 + VAT|
|Judicial Review (JR) Against Refusal/Revocation Of Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence||From £2,000 + VAT To £5,000 + VAT|