- Page Contents
- Eligibility Requirements
- How To Apply?
- Assigning CoS
- Sponsor Duties
- How Can We Help?
- How Much We Charge?
You can apply for a T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence if you are sporting body, sports club, events organiser or other organiser operating who wish to sponsor sportspesons to work in the UK. Need to employ a T2 Sportsperson and want legal help and assistance for T2 Sportsperson sponsor Licence? Contact our expert team of sponsor licence solicitors in London, Manchester and Birmingham for fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee immigration services for your T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence application. Ask a question to our sponsor licence specialists for free immigration advice concerning your T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence application.
To apply for Tier 2 Sportsperson sponsor licence, you must be a sporting body, sports club, events organiser or other organiser operating, or intending to work in the sporting sector. If you are an agent, you cannot apply for Tier 2 sportsperson sponsor licence.
Before applying for Tier 2 Sportsperson sponsor licence, you must make sure you have an endorsement from the Home Office approved sport governing body for your specific sport. The list of governing bodies currently approved by the Home Office, UKVI is given in Appendix M of the Immigration Rules. Through its endorsement, the sport governing body confirms to the Home Office, UKVI that you are a genuine club or equivalent, and you have a legitimate requirement to bring migrants to the UK as sportspeople.
You can apply for the T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence online on the Home Office, UKVI website.
Once you have submitted your online application, you must then send to the Home Office, UKVI all of the following to validate your application. A valid application must:
- contain the original submission sheet (not a certified copy), which has been signed and dated by the Authorising Officer (all pages must be sent); and
- contain all of the documents listed on the submission sheet as mandatory documents (originals or certified copies); and
- all be sent in together within 5 working days of completion of the electronic application.
To get a Tier 2 Sportsperson licence, you must apply to the Home Office, UKVI, supplying specified documents to prove that you are suitable and eligible. The Home Office, UKVI will carry out appropriate checks before deciding whether to grant the sponsor licence. The Home Office, UKVI considers an application to join the sponsor register by assessing whether you meet the relevant requirements. If your application for Tier 2 Sportsperson Sponsor Licence is accepted by the Home Office, UKVI, you will be issued with SMS login ID and password to manage your sponsor licence online. Your sponsor licence will be valid for 4 years and can be renewed online prior to the expiry of the licence.
Once you have been granted a T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence you will be able to assign certificates of sponsorship (CoS) to migrants who wish to come to, or stay in the UK to work as T2 Sportsperson. The Home Office, UKVI will decide how many certificates of sponsorship (CoS) you will be allowed to assign under T2 sponsorship licence.
For migrants, being assigned a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) is an essential part of qualifying for entry clearance (if they are outside the UK) or leave to remain (permission to extend their stay while in the UK). But there are also other requirements set out in the immigration rules that they must meet. They must score enough points, and are likely to be refused if there is anything in their personal or immigration history that suggests that their presence in the UK is not desirable.
As a T2 Sportsperson licensed sponsor, you must comply with certain duties, including, but not restricted to, a duty to inform the Home Office, UKVI if the T2 Sportsperson does not turn up for work, or if he is absent without permission for a significant period. You must also keep proper records of the migrants you sponsor, including contact details and a copy of their biometric residence permit (BRP), and supply any documentation to the Home Office, UKVI on request.
The Home Office, UKVI will monitor your behaviour and compliance with your duties once you have been granted T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence.
Our specialist sponsor licence solicitors can provide all the required help and guidance to apply for T2 Sportsperson Sponsor licence and carry out all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI on the T2 Sportsperson Sponsor licence application. As part of our professional legal services for T2 Sportsperson Sponsor licence application, our immigration caseworker will include the following:
- Assessing the your eligibility of the skilled worker sponsor licence by considering all the relevant circumstances including the genuineness of the business, the genuineness of job vacancy, etc.
- Advising on the relevant procedures to be followed for an application for T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence;
- Advising on the relevant documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence application;
- Assessing the documentary evidence to ensure that the documents are in compliance of the Home Office UKVI requirements for the grant of the T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence;
- Completing online application form for T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence application and submitting the same online;
- Helping with payment of the Home Office UKVI fee for the T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence fee;
- Sending the online submission sheet along with all the supporting documents and information under a detailed cover letter prepared by our expert team of sponsor licence solicitors;
- Assisting you with Home Office, UKVI Compliance visit, if the Home Office UKVI decides to conduct a compliance visit before deciding the T2 Sportsperson Sponsor licence application;
- Doing all the follow-up work until decision is reached on the T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence application by the Home Office, UKVI.
Our fees for T2 Sportsperson sponsor licence related services are given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|Help With Home Office Compliance Visit||From £500 + VAT To £800 + VAT|
|Full Help With Application For T2 Sportsperson Sponsor Licence||From £2,000 + VAT To £3,000 + VAT|
|Representations To Home Office UKVI following Suspension Of The T2 Sportsperson Sponsor Licence||From £500 + VAT To £800 + VAT|
|Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) Against Refusal/Revocation Of Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence||From £800 + VAT To £1200 + VAT|
|Judicial Review (JR) Against Refusal/Revocation Of Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence||From £2,000 + VAT To £4,000 + VAT|