- Page Contents
- Eligibility Requirements
- Same Business: Requirements
- English Language
- Maintenance Funds
- How Can We Help?
- How Much We Charge?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
An Innovator Migrant who does not satisfy the criteria for ILR can apply for extension/renewal of Innovator visa. As a result of successful application for extension/renewal of Innovator visa, the applicant will be granted further leave to remain for 3 years period. Any time during the validity of such further leave to remain granted as a result of renewal/extension, the applicant can apply for ILR as an Innovator Migrant if he/she duly satisfies all the requirements for the grant of ILR as an Innovator Migrant. You will need to apply and obtain an endorsement letter from the relevant endorsement body for you to be able to apply for extension/renewal of your Innovator visa.
You can contact us if you are seeking legal help and assistance from UK immigration solicitors in London, Manchester or Birmingham in relation to your application for extension/renewal of innovator visa and our team of immigration law solicitors will provide you with fast, friendly, reliable, and professional legal services for your application. Ask a question to our expert immigration solicitors for free advice online for extension/renewal of innovator visa UK by completing our enquiry form and one of our immigration solicitors will answer your question as soon as possible.
The requirements to be satisfied for an application for extension/renewal of innovator visa include the following:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old;
- The applicant must be lawfully in the UK and must have been last granted leave to remain as an Innovator Migrant
- The applicant must genuinely intend to undertake, and be capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in their application;
- The applicant must not intend to work in the UK in breach of their conditions;
- Any money which the applicant claims to be available must be genuinely available as described, and the applicant must intend to use it for the purposes described in the application;
- The applicant must provide an endorsement letter, issued by the endorsing body.
Same Business: Entry Clearance Or Leave To Remain Requirements (Extension Of Innovator Visa Applications)
An applicant must meet the following requirements in order to be granted entry clearance or leave to remain as an Innovator who has been endorsed for a business that is the same as a business relied upon in a prior application.
A business should be considered under a same business endorsement application if both of the following apply:
- the applicant’s last grant of leave was in the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Start-up or Innovator categories
- the applicant is pursuing the same business venture that was assessed in the endorsement which led to that grant of leave
The same business requirement is always determined on the basis of the business being endorsed rather than the body making the endorsement.
An applicant endorsed for the same business may apply for entry clearance or leave to remain. It is possible to make a same business application from overseas if the applicant has previously held leave as an Innovator or as a Start-up migrant.
The applicant must have a B2 level of English language ability, as defined in the Council of Europe’s common European framework (CEFR) for language and learning. If this requirement has been met at the time of the intial application, the applicant would not be required to provide any additional evidence and the applicant will be deemed to have met this requirement for extension application automatically.
- The applicant must have at least £945;
- If a main applicant and their partner or children are applying at the same time, there must be enough maintenance funds in total, as required for all the applications, otherwise all the applications will be refused;
- The funds must have been held in the account for a consecutive 90 days;
ending no earlier than 31 days before the date of application;
- The applicant does not need to provide evidence of maintenance funds if the letter from his/her endorsing body confirms that the applicant has been awarded funding of at least £945 which must be in addition to the £50,000 investment funds required for innovator visa category.
We can represent you in your application for extension/renewal of Innovator visa and do all the work until a decision is made by the Home Office UKVI on your Innovator visa application. Our work will include:
- assessing the chances of success in your application based on letter from the relevant endorsement body, your qualifications, skills, experience, the availability of funds for the investment, English language skills and the funds for maintenance;
- advising you on the relevant requirements, laws and procedures applicable to your application for renewal of Innovator visa;
- advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application for renewal of Innovator visa;
- assessing the documents to be submitted in support of your application and discussing the same with you;
- advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application;
- completing online application form;
- submitting an online application, paying the UKVI fee for the application and Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) on your behalf and booking an appointment with the application centre of the Sopra Steria for you to attend the application centre for the verification of the documents and enrolment of biometrics;
- preparing a cover letter explaining in detail how all the relevant requirements of the application for renewal of Innovator visa are being satisfied, in particular, addressing the potential issue of the genuineness of the applicant as an Innovator;
- preparing you for an interview with the Home Office, UKVI in relation to your Innovator visa application and discussing possible questions which the Home Office, UKVI may ask during the interview; and
- doing all the follow-up work on Innovator visa application until a decision is received from the Home Office, UKVI.
Our fees for providing expert legal help and assistance with an application for extension of Innovator visa are given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|Full help with application for Innovator visa extension to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI||From £1,000 + VAT To £1,500 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application for extension of your Innovator visa and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for helping with an application for Innovator visa extension, the applicant will also have to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.