- Page Contents
- Specialist Immigration Services
- Eligibility Requirements
- Control and Provenance Of Funds
- Who Can Switch?
- How Can We Help?
- How Much We Charge?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can apply for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK if you have access to at least least £2,000,000 (£2 million) to invest in UK stocks and shares. The Tier 1 (Investor) visa category is for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment in the UK. You must have access to at least £2,000,000 (£2 million) in investment funds to apply for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa.
If the money is not held in pounds sterling you must convert its value into pounds sterling on the application form. The Home Office, UKVI will check the conversion using the exchange rate shown on the Oanda website on the date on which the application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa was made.
If your application for switching into the Tier 1 Investor category is successful, you will be granted a leave to remain for an initial period of 3 years. You can apply for an extension or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) under the accelerated route before the expiry of your initial Tier 1 Investor visa.
As specialist immigration solicitors for Tier 1 Investor visa UK, we have wealth of knowledge and vast experience of successfully handling applications for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa UK. Ask a question to our expert team of investor visa solicitors for free immigration advice or book an appointment for detailed immigration advice concerning your application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK.
- Your current visa status should allow switching into the Tier 1 Investor visa category;
- You must be 18 or over to apply for switching into the Tier 1 Investor visa category;
- You must have at least £2,000,000 (£2 million) investment funds to apply for Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
- have money of your own (money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner), under your control, held in a regulated financial institution, and which is disposable in the UK, amounting to not less than £2 million;
- have opened an account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2million in the UK.
Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa.
Under this route you will not need to show that you have any English language ability because, while you are allowed to work in the UK if you wish to, you should not need to work. Also, you will not need to show any maintenance (funds) because if you have the required investment funds you will be able to support yourself in the UK without needing help from public funds. You must be at least 18 years old to use this route, and the assets and investment you are claiming points for must be wholly under your control.
The Home Office, UKVI must not have reason to believe that:
- you are not in control and at liberty to freely invest the money specified in your application;
- any of the money held by you or being made available to you by a third party has been acquired by means of conduct which is unlawful in the UK, or would constitute unlawful conduct if it occurred in the UK; or
- the character, conduct or associations of any third party providing funds is such that approval of the application would not be conducive to the public good.
The Home Office, UKVI may not award points where he/she has reasonable grounds to believe one or more of the above applies.
You can apply to switch to Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK if you meet the eligibility requirements and you are already in the UK under one of the following visa categories:
- Tier 1 (General)
- Tier 1 (Investor)
- Tier 1 (Post-study work)
- any Tier 2 category
- Any Tier 4 category
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
- Student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
- Student re-sitting an examination
- Student nurse
- Students writing up a thesis
- Work permit holder
- Writer, composer or artist
We can represent you in your application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK and do all the work until a decision is made by the Home Office UKVI on your Tier 1 Investor visa application. Our work will include:
- assessing your eligibility for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa
- advising you on the relevant requirements, laws and procedures applicable to your application for switching into Investor visa;
- advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application for switching into Investor visa;
- assessing the documents to be submitted in support of your application and discussing the same with you;
- advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application;
- completing online application form;
- submitting an online application, paying the UKVI fee for the application and Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) on your behalf and booking an appointment with the application centre of the UKVCAS Sopra Steria for you to attend the application centre for the verification of the documents and enrolment of your biometrics;
- preparing a cover letter explaining in detail how all the relevant requirements of the application for switching into Investor visa are being satisfied;
- preparing you for a possible interview with the Home Office, UKVI in relation to your application and discussing possible questions which the Home Office, UKVI may ask during the interview; and
- doing all the follow-up work on your application until a decision is received from the Home Office, UKVI.
Our fees for providing expert legal advice and representations for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK are given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|One-Off Immigration Advice & Consultation for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK||£80 (including VAT)|
|One-Off Documents Checking Service for an application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa||£400 + VAT|
|Complete Help and assistance with application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI on your application||From £3,500 + VAT To £5,000 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for helping with an application for switching into Tier 1 Investor visa, the applicant will also have to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.