UK visitor visa is for a person who wants to come to the UK, usually for up to six months, for a temporary purpose, for example as a tourist, to visit friends or family or to carry out a business activity. Visitors cannot work or study in the UK unless this is allowed by the permitted activities that are set out in these Visitor Rules.

Each visitor must meet the requirements of Appendix V of the Immigration Rules, even if they are travelling as, for example, a family group, a tour group or a school party. All visitor visa applications are decided based on the information provided by the applicant and any other relevant circumstances at the date of decision.

It is not possible to switch to become a visitor while in the UK where a person is in the UK in breach of immigration laws or has entry clearance or leave to enter or remain for another purpose.

As specialist visitor visa solicitors, we can provide expert immigration advice and representations for following matters involving visitor visas:

Our Team Of Leading Immigration Lawyers

As specialist immigration lawyers, we pride in having one of the best team of specialist immigration solicitors and lawyers with wealth of knowledge and experience to deal with all types of UK visa and immigration matters. Our top rated immigration lawyers have successfully helped thousands of clients with all types of UK visa and immigration applications, immigration appeals, Administrative Review, Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) and Judicial Review (JR).

Following are the leading immigration lawyers and solicitors in our team of immigration lawyers:

Book An Appointment Online

You can book an appointment online using the appointment booking form below: 

FAQs - Challenging Refusal Of Visitor Visa UK

How can I challenge the refusal of my UK visitor visa?

You can challenge the refusal of your UK visitor visa by way of Pre Action Protocol (PAP) and the UKVI will reconsider the refusal decision and respond to the Pre Action Protocol (PAP) within 2 weeks.

If the UKVI maintain the refusal decision, you can challenge the UK visitor visa refusal by way of Judicial Review in the Upper Tribunal (UT) within 3 months of the refusal date.

If your Judicial Review (JR) against the UK visitor visa refusal is successful, you are likely to get a cost order in your favour whereby all the legal costs in relation to your Pre Action Protocol (PAP) and Judicial Review (JR) would be paid by the Home Office UKVI. 

I have pending Judicial Review (JR) against the refusal of my visitor visa application which is taking too long. Can I submit a fresh application whilst the Judicial Review (JR) is pending in the court?

You can make a fresh application whilst you have pending Judicial Review in the Upper Tribunal against the refusal of your previous visitor visa application. However, if you are granted visitor visa as a result of fresh application, you will have to withdraw the Judicial Review from the Upper Tribunal (UT) and you may have some legal costs implications.

What happens next if my Judicial Review (JR) against the refusal of UK visitor visa refusal is successful?

If your Judicial Review (JR) is successful, the UKVI would normally reconsider your application for visitor visa within 3 months.

What Our Clients Say About Us In Google Reviews?

  • After contacting numerous immigration solicitors who informed me that my partners case was complex and require more time to have any real chance of success. We came across Sunrise Solicitors who set out a clear plan and we felt confident . Sunrise solicitors exceeded my expectation and my partner succeeded his case. Fantastic service and great work. Special thanks to Mr. Amir and Ms.Victoria. We would recommend Sunrise solicitors to anyone who needs professional and legal representatives. Thank you
  • Yogita and the rest of the Sunrise team went above and beyond to make sure that our immigration process went smoothly. They were instrumental in supporting us with a very last-minute, high pressure matter and we highly recommend their services. Extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and communicative team. Pleasure to work with. Thank you!
  • Sunrise were very quick to respond to my query. The advice was clear and fully answered my question. Many thanks!
  • I submitted a query via their website for free advice. They were very detailed and helpful in their feedback. I really appreciated it!