Extension Of Parent Of British Child Visa (10 Years Route)
You can apply for renewal of your parent visa (10 years route) using application form FLR (FP) from inside the UK if you are already in the UK under 10 years parent visa route. As a result of the successful application for renewal of parent visa, the applicant will be granted further leave to remain for 30 months under the parent route (10 years route). The applicants applying for renewal of parent visa under 10 years route are not required to meet the adequate maintenance requirement or English language requirement. The success of the application for parent visa renewal under 10 years route is mainly based on meeting the requirements of paragraph EX1 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules i.e. genine and subsisting parental relationship with a British or settled child.
Our expert team of parent visa solicitors in London specialise in applications for extension of parent visa under 10 years route. Our specialist parent visa solicitors have successfully helped thousands of clients with the applications for extension of parent visa under 10 years route. Our best team of parent visa solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee immigration services concerning your application for extension of parent visa under 10 years route. Ask a question to our expert parent visa solicitors for free immigration advice or submit an online request to book an appointment for detailed legal advice for your application for renewal of parent visa under 10 years route.
To qualify for extension of stay as a parent of a British or settled child under 10 years route, you should meet the following requirements:
- You should not be in relationship with the other parent of the child and therefore should be ineligible to apply for leave to remain as a partner;
- Your British or settled child must be in the UK and must be under the age of 18 years. If the child has turned over 18 but was under the age of 18 at the time of the initial application, the child must be unmarried, must not be leading an independent life and must be financially dependant on the applicant and/or the other parent of the child;
- You should either have sole responsibility for the child or have in person contact with the child (access to the child);
- You should have been playing an active role in the upbringing of the child and should demonstrate intention to continue place such role in the life of the child.
To succeed in an application for extension of parent visa under the 10 years route, the applicant must meet the requirements of EX1 of Appendix FM under the Immigration Rules. The requirements of EX1 can be satisfied by showing that:
- the applicant has a parental relationship with a child under 18 who is in the UK and who is:
- British Citizen; or
- holding ILR; or
- has lived in the UK continuously for 7 years; and
- it is unreasonable to expect such child to leave the UK.
As one of the expert immigration solicitors based in London we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (SPS) for your parent visa extension application whereby decision on your application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 24 hours of the enrolment of biometrics at a designated service centre.
Our specialist parent visa solicitors can prepare and submit your parent visa extension application to the Home Office, UKVI through Super Priority Service (SPS) and get a decision on your parent visa extension application within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your parent visa renewal application for months (sometimes years).
If your application for extension of parent visa has been refused by the Home Office, UKVI and you believe that the decision to refuse your extension application is valid and lawful and therefore cannot be challenged successfully by way of appeal, you have the option to re-apply for extension of parent visa. We can provide the required legal help and assistance with re-applying for extension of parent visa through our Super Priority Service.
Our expert team of parent visa solicitors specialise in UK parent visa applications under 10 years route. If instructed to represent you regarding your application for extension of parent visa under 10 years route, our specialiast team of parent visa solicitors will carry out all the work on your parent visa application until a decision is made by the Home Office UKVI on your parent visa renewal application. The immigration casework to be carried out by our parent visa solicitors will include the following:
- Assessing your eligibility for extension of parent visa under 10 years route by considering all your personal circumstances;
- Advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your parent visa renewal application under 10 years route;
- Advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your parent visa renewal application under 10 years route;
- Assessing your documents to ensure that the documentary evidence is as per requirements of the Home Office UKVI immigration Rules;
- Completing and submitting the online application form FLR(FP) to apply for extension of parent visa under 10 years route by gathering all the relevant information from you;
- Helping you with paying the parent visa application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for the parent visa application;
- Booking your appointment with the UKVCAS application centre for verification of documents and enrolment of biometrics;
- Where necessary, preparing detailed witness statement of the applicant explaining the relationship of the applicant with British / settled child and other relevant factors pertaining to the parent visa application;
- Preparing a detailed cover letter to introduce and support your parent visa renewal application under 10 years route;
- Uploading online all the relevant supporting documents before you attend your appointment for enrolment of your biometrics;
- Liaising with the Home Office UKVI for a timely decision on your parent visa renewal application.
Our fixed fees for extension of UK visa as a parent of a British child visa are as given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Fixed Fee Range|
|Extension / Renewal of parent of UK visa as a parent of a British child||From £1,200 + VAT To £2,500 + VAT|
|Additional fee for each dependant child applying along with the main applicant||From £400 + VAT To £600 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for legal services in relation to your application, the applicant will also have to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.