Extension Of Skilled Worker Visa / Tier 2 General Visa
You can extend/renew your Skilled Worker visa or Tier 2 General visa before the expiry of your current Skilled Worker leave / Tier 2 General leave or if you are changing job and being sponsored by a different Skilled Worker sponsor. Your prospective Skilled Worker sponsor will need to assign you a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) for you to apply for extension/renewal of your Skilled Worker visa. You cannot apply for Skilled Worker visa extension from outside the UK.
The Skilled Worker visa is a Point Based System (PBS) visa category and points can be awarded for the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS), job skill level, English language, appropriate Salary, Phd level qualifications, job in shortage occupation, and applicant being new entrant.
A total of 70 points are required to be eligible to apply for extension of Skilled Worker visa / Tier 2 General visa; 50 points from mandatory non-tradeable points and the remaining 20 from tradeable points.
Our expert team of Skilled Worker visa solicitors are specialists in dealing with Skilled Worker visa extension/renewal applications. Our highly experienced and well-qualified Skilled Worker visa solicitors have wealth of knowledge and experience to provide high quality legal services for Skilled Worker visa extension applications. Ask a question to our Skilled Worker visa solicitors for free immigration advice or schedule an appointment for detailed legal advice concerning your Skilled Worker extension matter.
To be eligible for extension of Skilled Worker visa / Tier 2 General visa, you should meet the following requirements:
- You must be in the UK with leave to remain as a Tier 2 General migrant or as a Skilled Worker;
- score 50 points from mandatory non-tradeable points;
- score at least 20 points from tradeable points;
- have have funds for maintenance in the UK or your Skilled Worker sponsor has certified your maintenance in the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS);
- meet the suitability criteria and not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
- If the applicant is applying for permission to stay and has been in the UK with permission for 12 months or longer on the date of application, they will meet the financial requirement and do not need to show funds.
- If the applicant has been in the UK for less than 12 months on the date of application, either:
- the applicant must have funds of at least £1,270; or
- the sponsor must certify that they will, if necessary, maintain and accommodate the applicant up to the end of the first month of their employment, to an amount of at least £1,270.
As the expert Skilled Worker visa solicitors based in London, we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (SPS) for your application whereby decision on your application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 24 hours of the enrolment of biometrics at a designated service centre.
Our experienced Skilled Worker visa solicitors can prepare and submit your application to the Home Office, UKVI through Super Priority Service (SPS) and get decision on your Skilled Worker extension application within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your Skilled Worker extension application for months (sometimes years).
If the applicant is applying for extension or ILR, and the applicant was last granted permission as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, the following transitional arrangements apply:
- if the date of application is before 1 December 2026 salary may also include allowances, providing the following conditions are met:
- the applicant is applying to work for the same sponsor as in their previous permission; and
- the allowances are guaranteed, will be paid for the duration of the applicant’s permission, and would be paid to a local settled worker in similar circumstances, such as London weighting; and
- if the date of application is before 24 May 2023 and the applicant had permission as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant based on a certificate of sponsorship given to them by their sponsor before 24 November 2016, the applicant does not need to score 20 tradeable points from options A to F, instead, 20 tradeable points will be awarded for a salary of £20,800 or above, or at least the going rate for the occupation code, if higher (the other requirements in SW 12.1. to SW 12.4 also apply), but these points will not be awarded if the applicant is not also being awarded the 20 mandatory points for sponsorship under and the 20 mandatory points for a job at the appropriate skill level.
Our specialist team of Skilled Worker visa solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee legal services for your application for extension of Skilled Worker visa. As your appointed legal representatives for Skilled Worker visa renewal application, our work can include the following:
- assessing your eligibility for extension of your Skilled Worker visa by considering all the relevant eligibility requirements;
- if you are changing employer, assisting your prospective Skilled Worker sponsor with correctly assigning the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to you;
- advising on relevant documents to be submitted in support of the Skilled Worker visa extension application;
- assessing the documentary evidence including the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to ensure that the documents are in line with the Home Office UKVI requirements for renewal of Skilled Worker visa;
- completing online application form for extension of Skilled Worker visa;
- preparing a detailed cover letter in support of your Skilled Worker extension application to explain in detail how all the relevant requirements for renewal of Skilled Worker visa have been satisfied by the applicant;
- submitting the Skilled Worker extension application online, paying the Home Office UKVI fees for Skilled Worker visa extension application and booking applicant’s appointment with the UKVCAS application centre;
- uploading all the supporting documents online in support of the Skilled Worker visa extension application;
- doing all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Home Office UKVI until decision is reached on your Skilled Worker visa extension application.
Our fixed fees for extension / renewal of skilled worker visa from inside the UK are as given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fixed Fees Range|
|Full service for extension of skilled worker visa from inside the UK to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office, UKVI||From £1,000 + VAT To £1,500 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application for extension of skilled worker visa and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for extension of skilled worker visa from inside the UK, the applicant also has to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.