- Page Contents
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Process
- English Language Requirement
- Life In The UK Test
- Re-Applying After Refusal
- Super Priority Service
- How Can We Help?
- How Much We Charge?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can apply for ILR as a parent of a British / settled child under the 5 years route once you have completed 5 years residence in the UK with leave to remain under the parent visa (5 years route). The application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is made online using application form SET (M). The application will be considered by the Home Office UKVI in accordance with requirements of the Immigration Rules as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
Our expert team of parent visa solicitors in London, Manchester and Birmingham specialise in ILR applications under 5 years parent visa route. We have successfully helped thousands of clients with their parent visa ILR applications under 5 years route. Our highly experienced parent visa solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee immigration services concerning your parent visa ILR application. Ask a question to our parent visa solicitors for free immigration advice or book an appointment for detailed legal advice concerning your ILR application as a parent of a British child.
For the applicant to succeed in the ILR application as a parent under the 5 years route, the applicant must:
- meet the suitability criteria as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules;
- show that he/she is not in relationship with the other parent of the child;
- show that he/she is and has been having either sole or shared responsibility for the child's upbringing and continues to intend to play an active role in the life of the child;
- meet the financial requirement of adequate maintenance and accommodation;
- prove that the applicant meets the English language proficiency at CEFR level B1 in listening and speaking only;
- prove that the applicant meets the Life in the UK test requirement.
You can apply for ILR when you have completed 5 years in the UK under the parent Visa (5 Years Route). According to Home Office UKVI Guidance, a application for ILR as a parent can be made within 28 days before completion of 5 years residence in the UK under 5 years route.
You can apply for ILR as a parent online using SET (M) form. Upon submission of the online application, the Home Office UKVI fees are paid online and then an appointment for verification of documents and enrolment of biometrics is made online on UKVCAS online portal. All the supporting documents must be uploaded online before biometrics enrolment appointment is attended at the UKVCAS application centre. At the appointment cetnre, the supporting documents uploaded online are verified by the UKVCAS staff and biometrics of the applicant are enrolled.
An applicant for ILR as a parent under 5 years route receives decision from the UKVI within the service standards of the UKVI for processing of the application. Applicants who apply for ILR using Super Priority Service receive the decision normally within 24 hours and the applicants who have used standard service receive decision normally within 3 to 6 months.
The applicant must provide specified evidence that he/she:
- is a national of a majority English speaking country; or
- has passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages with a provider approved by the Home Office, UKVI; or
- has an academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC to be equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English; or
- is exempt from the English language requirement because at the date of application:
- the applicant is aged 65 or over;
- the applicant has a disability (physical or mental condition) which prevents the applicant from meeting the requirement; or
- there are exceptional circumstances which prevent the applicant from being able to meet the requirement prior to entry to the UK.
You will have to pass the Life in the UK test in order to apply for ILR as a parent of a British child under 5 years route unless you are over the age of 65 or you are seeking exemption from this requirement due to medical reasons.
If your application for ILR as a parent of British child under 5 years route has been refused by the Home Office, UKVI and you believe that the decision to refuse your application is valid and lawful and therefore cannot be challenged successfully by way of appeal, you have the option to re-apply for ILR as a parent of a British child (5 years route) within 14 days of your section 3C leave ending. We can provide the required legal help and assistance with re-applying for ILR as a parent under 5 years route through our Super Priority Service.
As one of the expert immigration solicitors based in London, Manchester and Birmingham, we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (SPS) for your ILR application whereby decision on your ILR application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 24 hours of the enrolment of biometrics at a designated service centre.
Our specialist parent visa solicitors can prepare and submit your ILR application to the Home Office, UKVI through Super Priority Service (SPS) and get a decision on your ILR application within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your ILR application for months (sometimes years).
Our expert team of parent visa solicitors specialise in ILR parent visa applications. If instructed to represent you regarding your application for ILR as a parent of a British child under 5 years route, we will carry out all the work on your application until a decision is made by the Home Office UKVI on your ILR application. The immigration casework to be carried out by our expert team of parent visa solicitors will include the following:
- Assessing your eligibility for ILR as a parent visa under 5 years route by considering all your personal circumstances including assessment of meeting the adequate maintenance requirement;
- Advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your ILR application as a parent;
- Advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your ILR application;
- Assessing your documents to ensure that the documentary evidence is as per requirements of the Home Office UKVI immigration Rules;
- Completing and submitting the online application form SET (M) to apply for ILR as a parent by gathering all the relevant information from you and your parent;
- Helping you with paying the parent visa application fee online;
- Booking your appointment with the application centre for verification of documents and enrolment of biometrics;
- Where necessary, preparing detailed witness statement of the applicant explaining the applicant's relationship with the British child and other relevant factors pertaining to the ILR application;
- Preparing a detailed cover letter to introduce and support your ILR application;
- Uploading online all the relevant supporting documents before you attend your appointment for enrolment of your biometrics;
- Liaising with the Home Office UKVI for a timely decision on your ILR application.
Unless your matter is extremely complicated, our fees for ILR as a parent under 5 years route are as given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|One-off immigration consultation/advice for ILR as a parent (5 years route)||£80 (inclusive of VAT)|
|One-Off Application Checking Service / Documents Assessment||£240 (inclusive of VAT)|
|Complete help with ILR as a parent to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI||From £800 + VAT To £1,500 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of your ILR application and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for ILR as a parent, the applicant will also have to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the ILR application.