If you are from Hong Kong and are a British national (overseas) you and your family members can apply for a Hong Kong BNO visa. This is also known as a BNO visa. It allows you to live, work and study in the UK.

The Hong Kong British National (Overseas) route has two routes – the BN(O) Status Holder route and the BN(O) Household Member route. 

The BN(O) Status Holder route is for a British National (Overseas) citizen who is ordinarily resident in Hong Kong or the UK.

A dependent partner and a dependent child of a British National (Overseas) citizen can apply under this route. In exceptional circumstances, other family members with a high degree of dependency may also apply.

The BN(O) Household Member route is for the adult child, born on or after 1 July 1997, of a BN(O) citizen. The BN(O) Household Member, and any dependent partner or child applying under this route must form part of the same household as the British National (Overseas) citizen.

The BNO visa UK is granted for an initial period of either 30 months (with an option of extension for further 30 months) or 5 years and upon completion of 5 years with BNO visa in the UK, you become entilted to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as BNO. After one year of grant of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), BNO citizens will be able to apply for either naturalisation as a British Citizen or for registration as a British Citizen.

Services For Hong Kong BNO Citizens

As specialist BNO visa solicitors, we can provide fast, friendly and reliable fixed fee immigration advice and representations for the following applications for Hong Kong BNO citizens:

Services For Dependants Of BNO Citizens

Our specialist team of dependant visa solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee immigration advice and representations for following applications for dependants of BNO citizens:

Other Related Services

Our Team Of Leading Immigration Lawyers

As specialist immigration lawyers, we pride in having one of the best team of specialist immigration solicitors and lawyers with wealth of knowledge and experience to deal with all types of UK immigration matters. Our top rated immigration lawyers have successfully helped thousands of clients with all types of UK immigration applications, appeals, Administrative Review, Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) and Judicial Review (JR).

Following are the leading immigration lawyers and solicitors in our team of immigration lawyers: