You can apply for extension of your Tier 1 Investor visa either from inside the UK or from outside the UK. As a result of successful application for Tier 1 Investor visa renewal, you will be granted 2 years extension of Tier 1 Investor visa.
As specialist investor visa solicitors, we have wealth of knowledge and vast experience of successfully handling applications for renewal of Tier 1 Investor visa. Ask a question to our expert team of investor visa solicitors for free immigration advice or book an appointment for detailed immigration advice concerning your application for extension of Tier 1 Investor visa.
You can apply to extend your visa if you:
- have at least £2,000,000 (£2 million) under your control in the UK
- have invested those funds in share capital or loan capital in active UK companies
- invested this sum within 3 months of your ‘investor start date’
If you successfully applied before 29 March 2019, you can also apply to extend if you invested your funds in UK government bonds.
You must have invested the full amount made up of your own money or your partner’s money.
You’ll need to provide a series of investment portfolio reports produced by a UK regulated financial institution that show you invested all £2 million and the level of investment of £2 million must have been maintained for the length of your Tier 1 Investor visa.
‘investor start date’ is either:
- the date you came into the UK (if you have proof of this)
- the date your original visa application or switch from a different visa category was approved (if you cannot prove your date of entry)
A decision on your Tier 1 investor visa renewal application will usually be made:
- within 8 weeks of your application date if you use the standard service
- within 5 working days of your UKVCAS appointment if you use the priority service
Once you have received your application approval letter from the Home Office, UKVI, your biometric residence permit (BRP) will take up to 10 working days to arrive.
Your application can take longer if your application is complicated or because:
- your supporting documents need to be verified
- you need to attend an interview
- of your personal circumstances, for example if you have a criminal conviction
As the expert immigration solicitors based in London, Manchester and Birmingham, we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Priority Service for your application whereby decision on your application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 5 working days of the enrolment of your biometrics.
Our immigration solicitors can prepare and submit your Tier 1 investor visa extension application to the Home Office, UKVI through Priority Service and get decision on your Tier 1 investor visa extension application within 5 working days. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your application for months (sometimes years).
We can legally represent you in your application for extension of Tier 1 Investor visa and carry out all the work on your application until decision is made by the Home Office UKVI on your Tier 1 Investor visa extension application. Our work will include the following:
- Assessing your eligibility for extension of your Tier 1 Investor visa;
- Advising you on the relevant requirements, documents, procedures and costst involved in the extension application;
- Assessing the documents provided by you to be submitted in support of the Tier 1 Investor visa extension application and advising you on the same;
- Completing the online application and submitting your extension application online;
- Booking your appointment with the UKVCAS Sopra Steria Centre for verificaton of documents and enrolment of your biometrics;
- Preparing a detailed cover letter in support of your application explaining how the relevant legal requirements are being satisfied in the light of the documents being submitted with the extension application;
- Uploading all the supporting documents to the UKVCAS online portal;
- Dealing with any enquiries received from the Home Office UKVI while the extension application is pending with the Home Office UKVI;
- Doing all the follow up work on the extension application until decision on your application is recieved from the Home Office UKVI.
Our fixed fees for extension / renewal of Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK are as given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fixed Fees Range|
|Full service for extension of Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office, UKVI||From £5,000 + VAT To £10,000 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application for extension of Tier 1 Investor visa and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for extension of Tier 1 Investor visa from inside the UK, the applicant also has to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.