Extension Application – Over 18, Under 25 and Spent Half Of Life In The UK
You can apply for renewal of leave to remain which was previously granted for 30 months on the basis of living half of your life in the UK, before your leave expires. An application for renewal of such leave to remain is made under 10 years route to settlement using application form FLR (FP). You can apply for extension of your leave 28 days before the expiry of your leave.
You cannot apply for extension of such leave from outside the UK and such application can only be submitted from inside the UK. This visa route is a 10-year settlement route. There is no 5-year route to settlement for those who seek leave to remain under this category.
Eligibility Requirements For Extension Of Leave To Remain On The Basis Of Living Half Of Your Life In The UK
Paragraph 276ADE(1)(v) sets out the criteria to be applied, together with the other requirements of the rules, in assessing whether to grant extension of leave to remain to an applicant on the basis of living half of your life in the UK. To qualify for extension of leave to remain for 30 months on the basis of living half of your life in the UK, the applicant must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must have current leave to remain granted on the basis of his living half of your life in the UK in the UK;
- The applicant must meet the suitability requirement as envisaged under paragraph 276ADE(1)(i), and the application of the applicant must not fall for refusal under S-LTR: Suitability.
You can be over the age of 25 at the time of extension application and being over the age of 25 cannot become a reason for refusal of your extension application becuase such requirement only applies to an intial application.
As the expert immigration solicitors based in London we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (SPS) for your application whereby decision on your application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 24 hours of the enrolment of biometrics at a designated service centre.
Our immigration solicitors can prepare and submit your application to the Home Office, UKVI through Super Priority Service (SPS) and get decision on your immigration application within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your application for months (sometimes years).
Our specialist team of immigration solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee legal services for your application for extension of living half of your life in the UK leave. As your appointed legal representatives for your extension application, our work can include the following:
- assessing your eligibility for extension of leave to remain by considering all the relevant eligibility requirements;
- advising on relevant documents to be submitted in support of the application;
- assessing the documentary evidence to ensure that the documents are in line with the Home Office UKVI requirements for extension of your leave to remain;
- completing online application form for extension of your leave to remain;
- preparing a detailed cover letter in support of your application to explain in detail how all the relevant requirements for extension of your leave to remain under living half of your life in the UK have been satisfied by the applicant;
- submitting the application online, paying the Home Office UKVI fees for your extension application and booking applicant’s appointment with the UKVCAS application centre;
- uploading all the supporting documents online in support of the application;
- doing all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Home Office UKVI until decision is reached on your extension application.
Unless your matter is very complicated, our fees for providing expert legal help and assistance with your extension application are given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|One-Off Immigration Advice & Consultation concerning extension of leave to remain on the basis of living half of your life in the UK||£80 (including VAT)|
|One-Off Documents Checking Service for an application for extension application||£200 + VAT|
|Complete help with application for extension application to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI||From £1,000 + VAT To £1,500 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application for extension your leave to remain and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for helping with an application for extension of your leave to remain, the you will also have to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.