Extension Application – Very Significant Obstacles To Integration
You can apply for renewal of leave to remain which was previously granted for 30 months on the basis of very significant obstacles to integration. An application for renewal of such leave to remain is made under 10 years route to settlement using application form FLR (FP). You can apply for extension of your leave 28 days before the expiry of your leave.
You cannot apply for extension of leave based on very significant obstacles to integration from outside the UK and such application can only be submitted from inside the UK. The very significant obstacles to itegration route is a 10-year settlement route. There is no 5-year route to settlement for those who seek leave to remain under the very significant obstacles to integration category.
Paragraph 276ADE(1)(vi) sets out the criteria to be applied, together with the other requirements of the rules, in assessing whether to grant extension of leave to remain to an applicant on the basis of very significant obstacles to integration.
To qualify for extension of leave to remain for 30 months on the basis of very significant obstacles to integration, the applicant must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must have current leave to remain granted on the basis of very significant obstacles to integration;
- The applicant must meet the suitability requirement as envisaged under paragraph 276ADE(1)(i), and the application of the applicant must not fall for refusal under S-LTR: Suitability;
- There must be very significant obstacles to integration of the applicant in his/her country of nationality or country of origin.
As the expert immigration solicitors based in London we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (SPS) for your application whereby decision on your application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 24 hours of the enrolment of biometrics at a designated service centre.
Our immigration solicitors can prepare and submit your application to the Home Office, UKVI through Super Priority Service (SPS) and get decision on your immigration application within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your application for months (sometimes years).
Our specialist team of immigration solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee legal services for your application for extension of leave to remain granted on the basis of very significant obstacles to integration. As your appointed legal representatives for extension application, our work can include the following:
- assessing your eligibility for extension of your leave to remain by considering all the relevant eligibility requirements;
- advising on relevant documents to be submitted in support of the extension application;
- assessing the documentary evidence to ensure that the documents are in line with the Home Office UKVI requirements for extension of your leave to remain;
- completing online application form for extension of your leave to remain;
- preparing a detailed cover letter in support of your extension application to explain in detail how all the relevant requirements for extension of your leave to remain under very significant obstacles to integration category have been satisfied by the applicant;
- submitting the application online, paying the Home Office UKVI fees for the extension application and booking applicant’s appointment with the UKVCAS application centre;
- uploading all the supporting documents online in support of the application;
- doing all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Home Office UKVI until decision is reached on your extension application.
Unless your matter is very complicated, our fees for providing expert legal help and assistance with your extension application are given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fee|
|One-Off Immigration Advice & Consultation concerning extension of your leaave to remain||£80 (including VAT)|
|One-Off Documents Checking Service for an application for extension of your leave to remain||£200 + VAT|
|Complete help with application for extension of leave to remain to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVI||From £1,000 + VAT To £1,500 + VAT|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the application for extension of leave to remain and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for helping with an application for extension of your leave to remain, you will also have to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the application.