You can apply for leave to remain in the UK if you are over the age of 18 and can show that there are very signifcant obstacles for your integration in the society of your own country. A person who is over the age of 18 and has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years can apply for leave to remain on the basis of his private life in the UK if he can show that there would be very significant obstacles to his integration into the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.

A ‘very significant obstacle to integration’ means something which would prevent or seriously inhibit the applicant from integrating into the country of return.

As specialist immigration solicitors dealing with private life applications, we can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee legal services for following applications on the basis of very significant obstacles to integration in the country of origin or nationality of the applicant: