Entry Clearance For UK Ancestry Visa
You can apply for entry clearance for UK ancestry visa if you are a commonwealth citizen aged 17 or over who wish to come to work in the UK on the basis of having a grandparent born in the UK and Islands. Eligible applicants are normally given entry clearance for 5 years. Towards the end of the 5 years, they can apply either for an extension of stay or indefinite leave to remain.
You can apply for entry clearance for UK Ancestry visa if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- you are a Commonwealth citizen;
- you are aged 17 or over;
- you are able to work and you plan to work in the UK; and
- you can adequately support and accommodate yourself and your dependants without help from public funds – the Rights and responsibilities section explains what public funds are.
You must also show that at least 1 of your grandparents was born:
- in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man); or
- before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland; or
- on a British-registered ship or aircraft.
You can claim ancestry if your relationship to the relevant grandparent is in the legitimate or illegitimate line.
You cannot claim UK ancestry through step-parents, but you can apply if you or your parent (through whom you are claiming ancestry) are adopted. You must show evidence of the legal adoption with your application form.
Our specialist team of UK Ancestry visa solicitors can provide fast, friendly, reliable and fixed fee legal services for your UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application. As your appointed legal representative for UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application, our work can include the following:
- assessing your eligibility for UK Ancestry visa for UK by considering all the relevant eligibility requirements;
- advising on relevant documents to be submitted in support of the UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application;
- assessing the documentary evidence to ensure that the documents are in line with the Home Office UKVI requirements for UK Ancestry visa entry clearance;
- completing online application form for UK Ancestry visa entry clearance for UK;
- preparing a detailed cover letter in support of the UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application to explain in detail how all the relevant requirements for UK Ancestry visa entry clearance have been satisfied by the applicant;
- submitting the UK Ancestry entry clearance application online, paying the Home Office UKVI fees for UK Ancestry visa application and booking applicant’s appointment with the relevant UK visa application centre;
- uploading all the supporting documents online in support of the UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application;
- doing all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) until decision is reached on your UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application.
Our fixed fees for entry clearance application for UK Ancestry visa from outside the UK are as given in the fee table below:
|Our Service||Our Fixed Fees Range|
|Full service for UK Ancestry visa Entry Clearance to cover all the work until decision by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)||From £1,500 To £2,000 (no VAT)|
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the UK Ancestry visa entry clearance application and the volume of casework involved in the application. In addition to our fixed fee for UK Ancestry visa entry clearance, the applicant also has to pay the Home office UKVI fees for the UK visa entry clearance application.